Premier League & Others 30/12/2020. Two games in the Premier League today. although the Tottenham v Fulham games could be postponed due to coronavirus. At 18:00 on Amazon Prime (alternative channels available) is Tottenham v Fulham. At 20:00, also on Amazon Prime is Newcastle v Liverpool.
Premier League & Others 30/12/2020. Detailed Channel Information.
Premier League & Others 30/12/2020. Selected Team News
Tottenham v Fulham
Fulham’s Premier League match at Tottenham on Wednesday is in doubt because of new coronavirus cases at the west London club.
The fixture is due to kick-off at 18:00 GMT at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
On Tuesday the latest round of Premier League coronavirus testing found 18 people had the virus – the highest recorded in the testing programme.
Sheffield United have confirmed they had “numerous positive tests” in the latest round of testing.
On Monday, Manchester City’s Premier League match at Everton was postponed four hours before kick-off at Goodison Park because of an outbreak of coronavirus at the club.
Everton said they would request “full disclosure” of the information City provided to the Premier League that led to the postponement.
Newcastle United’s match at Aston Villa, scheduled for 4 December, was postponed following a “significant increase” in cases at the Magpies’ training ground.
Fulham boss Scott Parker did not take charge of his team’s goalless draw with Southampton on Boxing Day after someone in his household tested positive for Covid-19. Parker was due to return to the dugout at Tottenham.
- Jose Mourinho questioned the ambition of his Tottenham players after they conceded yet another late goal last time out to drop two points.
- The Sunday-Wednesday turnaround gives Tottenham more time than others to recover but Mourinho is still expected to shuffle his pack here.
- The likes of Erik Lamela, Serge Aurier, Moussa Sissoko and Toby Alderweireld are all pushing for starts against Fulham.
- Gareth Bale has been ruled out for a few weeks with a calf strain, while Lucas Moura and Carlos Vinicius are fitness doubts.
- Mario Lemina is available for selection having missed the 0-0 draw with parent club Saints and he should return to the starting XI here.
- Fulham have confirmed Kenny Tete is back in the squad after training well. He could go straight into the starting XI to give Bobby Reid a rest.
- Aleksandar Mitrovic may rotate into the side at the expense of Ivan Cavaleiro to partner up front with Ademola Lookman.
Newcastle United v Liverpool
- Paul Dummett and Jeff Hendrick both missed the 2-0 defeat to Manchester City over the weekend through illness and remains doubts here.
- A groin injury is expected to keep out both Jonjo Shelvey and Ryan Fraser once again on Wednesday night.
- Martin Dubravka, Allan Saint-Maximin and Jamaal Lascelles are also still missing for Steve Bruce’s side.
- An unused substitute against City, look for Callum Wilson to return to the fold in midweek. Jamal Lewis, Sean Longstaff and Javier Manquillo are also options to start.
- Jurgen Klopp is expected to shuffle his pack for the trip to St. James’ Park on Wednesday after only managing a 1-1 draw with West Brom on Sunday.
- Joel Matip has picked up yet another injury and one of Rhys Williams or Nat Phillips will deputise on Wednesday.
- Naby Keita is also out for the away side but Thiago is expected back either against Newcastle or the match after.
- Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Takumi Minamino and Neco Williams are options if Klopp looks to freshen things up.
- It wouldn’t be a surprise to see at least one of Roberto Firmino, Sadio Mane or Mo Salah rested here.
Focus: Premier League & Others 30/12/2020
A big thanks to our friends at https://t.me/FootballonTVideas who kindly allow us to use fixture information. A special shout to BOOMEDIA for the excellent pictures, much appreciated.
If you would like to buy us a coffee and help support this project, you can do so buy clicking on this link. I admit, we are more likely to spend it on beer ?
Whatchan.co.uk– We are Football & IPTV’s Favourite Friend.